Baked Oatmeal turned out great!!! I studied a bunch of recipes and came up with my own based on other techniques.
Slice 2 bananas. You can add these however you like ? in with the wet ingredients or arranged in a pattern on the top (and/or bottom!) of the dish. (You?ll need an additional mashed banana for the wet ingredients below)
2) Combine the dry ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
3) Combine the wet ingredients:
1 egg, beat
1 mashed banana (I mash one of the bananas up with the wet mixture)
1.5 cups skim milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbl Agave Syrup
1/2 cup crushed walnuts (Optional)
1/2 cup craisins (Optional)
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well.
5) Line an 8? pan (square or round) with parchment paper (for easy removal and cutting!).
6) Layer some banana slices on the bottom. Pour batter into pan. Top with remaining banana slices. Drizzle some additional Agave syrup over the top.
7) Pop into a 375* oven for about 26 minutes.
8) After 26 minutes, increase heat to broil, sprinkle oatmeal with 1 heaping tbsp brown sugar and broil for 3-4 minutes.
Makes 4 portions about 275 kcal, 6 grams fiber and 11 grams protein each. We saved one portion to reheat tomorrow!