This pancake is also delicious without the berries, which can be served alongside instead. Options of Blueberry Syrup as well. See Recipe for Homemade Blueberry Syrup, Click Here
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 40 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Agave Syrup (Diabetic Friendly) OR? 3 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (Sea Salt or Kosher)
- 3/4 cup whole milk (2% will work)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon for pan
- 1 cup blueberries (about 5 ounces)
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving (Optional is not making Blueberry Syrup)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in upper third. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet (or other nonstick ovenproof pan) in oven while preheating. Now, Whisk together flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (or Agave), baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together milk, egg, and melted butter in another bowl. Whisk milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
Remove skillet from oven and add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, swirling to coat. Pour in batter Sprinkle evenly with blueberries on the top.
Bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 23-25 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool 5 minutes before dusting with confectioners' sugar and serving with syrup.