This is the easy version of this recipe. The original homemade requires about 8 hours cook time and sauce is made from scratch. This is very delicious and my instructions allows some variance based on your taste on sauces.
- 1 pkg of Johnsonville?s ground Italian sausage
- 2 Jars of Classico (1 of each Trad Sweet Basil & Tomato Basil)
- 4 Cups of Ziti or Penne Pasta (I made a full box but had left over pasta)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella cheese (Evenly divided)
- 1 Carton of Ricotta Cheese (15 oz)
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan cheese
- Agave Syrup (or sugar)
- Cook Pasta according to box instructions (Recommend Al dente style to prevent mushiness) Rinse and set aside.
- In a large skillet Cook up Italian sausage and drain. Stir in both jars of Classico sauce. Add a pinch of oregano & basil (to taste). Add a teaspoon of Agave or sugar. Add enough to make slightly sweet but it?s all about your taste ! Simmer low heat until bubbling then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 2 eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and the Parmesan. Mix well.
- Fold rinsed & drained (Well drained) pasta 1 cup at a time into the cheese mixture.
- In a well greased(Spray Pam) 13x9 2 inch glass baking dish, Layer the pasta on the bottom, then add a layer of your sauce. Rinse and Repeat again. I do it thick and two layers.
- Cover with foil & Bake for 25 minutes (350?F). Check to make sure it?s bubbling.
- Remove foil add remaining mozzarella on top with maybe a little more parmesean. Return to over uncovered for about 10 more minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven, let it rest for about 10 minutes, then slice & server !